Sunday, September 21, 2014

Savior, Redeemer Of My Soul

We watched the movie "17 Miracles" today. Such a powerful movie, please get it and watch it if you haven't. Amazing true stories. This song is played during the movie and during the credits too~ which just makes the tears flow even faster. Dallyn Vail Bayles is the man who sings it in the movie and in this video below too. I love it. I love the Lord.
I can never repay Him for all he's given me. Because of his sacrifice, I will be with my wonderful best friend and our beautiful children forever. I'm so thankful to Heavenly Father for my children and life He's blessed me with. I want to do all I can to glorify God and his Christ with the blessings they've given me. I will teach them of Him. I pray I might do His will all the days of my life. The lyrics of this song express the feelings in my heart better than I can type it... I love Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ.

Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.

Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will.

O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.

Text: Orson F. Whitney, 1855-1931

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...